Monday, November 17, 2008

7th week

On the 7th week I was cleared to eat solids. I remember being excited because I think that the liquid part of this procedure was the hardest thing! I was also really nervous. Would I always remember to chew enough? What was too big of a bite? How much was too much? What would I not be able to eat? drink? I started off really easy and light. I found out pretty quickly that my tastes were different on some things. I do have a theory???? NOT scientific but still my theory.

I believe that most of us....but for sure this was true about me......are not used to chewing our food so much. When I initially put something in my mouth it usually tastes fine but as I chew and chew and chew...sometimes, as things begin to break down in my mouth the taste and texture changes so much that I do not like it. I have on more than one occasion had to spit something out. I know when it is in my mouth that it is not going to go down. It is the strangest thing. It is also why I think it is so important to eat slowly...because as I eat...... all of a sudden I will know that I am done. Again many times I will have to spit out that last bite. After 3 years...that is getting better because I have learned how much I can eat of different foods.

No comments: